Thursday, January 6, 2011

I will be back

The couple of weeks leading up to xmas were crazy. I was busy checking things off my evergrowing long list of to-dos, while preparing for our friends' arrival from Perth. It didn't help that Aiden was also on school holidays which meant errands and chores took me twice as long as they would be if I had school to occupy him. Even my trusty babysitter was on vacation!

Our friends leave early tomorrow morning and my husband is going back to work. It will feel lonely all of a sudden for me and Aiden since we have been having company for the past 2 weeks. The grand plans will be to tidy up the house (I have no idea where everything is at the moment), do grocery shopping (time for some detox after the festive binging) and spend some quality time with my 3 year old. I am happy that Aiden got to spend time with his girlfriend from Perth who he only gets to see once or twice a year but I kinda miss spending bonding time with him too. We have had 4 adults and 3 children in the house for the past 2 weeks and everyday has been a chaotic situation. Good chaos though. But it's time my baby and I spend some quality time together so tomorrow will just be a day at home with puzzles, board games, basketball (his new xmas pressie from us) and maybe a craft project. Just us 2.

And of course I have missed writing in this little sanctuary of mine. Will hopefully squeeze some time to update this blog when the little boy goes for his nap.

Happy new year everyone. I will be back.

No comments: