Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A milestone in Kyoto

Last weekend my husband and I made a snap decision to spend our saturday night in Kyoto. We left our house early saturday morning to take the bullet train and after just 2 hours, we arrived in Kyoto at 11am.

I have been to Kyoto several times and both my husband and I love this ancient capital of Japan a lot. Because we are so familiar with the city, we knew it was going to be a very relaxing trip for us. We spent the 2 days walking around the city, visited our favourite eating spots and enjoyed snow. Most importantly, our 3 year old added another milestone to his life. He went to bed that saturday night without his nappy and woke up in his clean and dry underwear for the first time. We can now declare him to be fully toilet-trained!!

It all started because we forgot to pack in his night nappies. Just as we were discussing on what to do for the "no nappy with night peeing" situation, Aiden requested that we let him sleep with his underwear on instead. He even said "I promise I won't pee in my underwear". So we let him try. I think the poor boy was so stressed that he went to pee 3 times in a span of 15 minutes just before bed!

So he woke up on Sunday morning proudly declaring that his underwear was clean and kept telling us that he did not want to wear bedtime nappies anymore. Until today, he has been telling everyone he met that he does not need night nappies anymore. My little baby is indeed growing up!

Enjoy the photos (I mean photos of our time in Kyoto, not my boy in his underwear)!





















All photos were taken by my new Olympus Pen camera - a xmas gift from my hubby. I'm so loving my new toy!
x

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Its lovely when they get to this stage Cindy,he is still quite young so he's done very well indeed. Yippee no more night nappies hey? Sounds like you had a lovely time away.