Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hyperactive?

I'm talking about me, not my 3 year old!

Yeah.... I suspect I'm suffering from hyperactivity. I can't sit still, I have to keep doing things, and I multi-task really well. I haven't been sleeping alot lately, not that I have slept much in the past anyway. I just happen to be a person who doesn't need alot of sleep to function. Bedtime is usually around 1am and I'm often up around 7.30am as Aiden goes to school several days a week. And when I'm up and running, my days here are often packed with errands, activities, appointments with people and god knows what. Today is one example of a busy busy day in my life here in Japan.

7.45 - 9am
Woke up. Made breakfast for Aiden and prepared his bento (rice, potato fish cakes and salad) for school. Washed dishes and cleaned the kitchen. Got both of us dressed for the day.

9am - 12pm
Dropped the boy at school. Sent clothes to the drycleaners. Went to the local shops. Bought some x'mas giftsfriends, grocery for the next few days and flowers for the grandparents who were arriving back today from Hiroshima.

12pm - 1.45pm
Arrived home. Set up the flowers. Did laundry. Had lunch. Made the crust for a fruit tart that I was planning to bake (I had planned to finish making the tart before leaving the house again but didn't have enough time to do everything).

2pm - 4.15pm
Picked the boy up from school. Hanged out at a friend's place while the kids played.

4.30pm - 5.30pm
Arrived home. Aiden went down for a nap. I continued making my berry tart (crust was cooled and ready by then).

5.30pm - 6.30pm
Started cooking Julia Child's recipe for Boeuf Bourguignon (my first attempt!). It was meant to be for dinner tomorrow night but this dish needs about 4 hours cooking time so I thought I better start today and finish up tomorrow. It was alot of work.

6.30pm - 7pm
Boeuf Bourguignon was cooking in the oven. I cleaned up the kitchen - wiped the stove top, mopped the floor, wash and dried the dishes, checked that my berry tart was setting well in the fridge. Aiden had woken up in the meantime. Let him watch some tv while I went upstairs to tidy up the bathroom and vacuumed the floors.

7pm - 7.30pm
Made dinner (simple dish of pasta) for Aiden and myself. Sat down to eat and talked about the day.

7.30pm - 8pm
Washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen again. Vacuumed the floors in living and dining room. Gave Aiden some yoghurt for dessert.

8pm - 10 pm
Decorate our fireplace with x'mas ornaments. Husband arrived home with the grandparents. Caught up with them. Took Boeuf Buorguignon out of the oven.

10pm
Took Aiden to bed. Read him 2 books.

10.30pm onwards
Ate a slice of the berry tart. Took photos (for my next blog post, hehe). Go online (catch up on international news, emails, facebook, update blog, research for our trip to Hiroshima, Osaka in december and Hokkaido in february next year, catch up on my regular blog reads etc).

See what I mean? After a long busy day (most of which I brought it upon myself I know. I didn't have to bake a berry tart and cook a boeuf bourguignon on the same day), I am amazed that I am still bursting with energy. Life has been busy but good. I actually really like it this way. I guess I just enjoy stretching myself like that. A little crazy I know. Perhaps I am really suffering from hyperactivity disorder. Am I too old to get a professional diagnosis??

Oh, and amidst my hectic schedule, I managed to find time to shop. For myself. I picked up a new Longchamp yesterday! See, I always allocate time for shopping. No matter how busy I may be. Muahahaha!!!
x
x

No comments: