Thursday, March 3, 2011

Feeling blessed

Life is like a rainbow. You need both the sun and the rain to make its colours appear - anonymous.

Very true indeed. It was rain for me yesterday. I had pregnancy gastric and backache at the same time. I had to manage Aiden the whole day as he had no school. I covered my mouth to prevent myself from throwing up as I cooked dinner. I cried to my husband. I felt miserable.

Today I saw a little ray of sunshine. Aiden was picked up for school by a friend. I had a peaceful 3 hour nap in the morning. I walked to his school to pick him up in the afternoon. The fresh air and sunshine felt good. The pain from yesterday was not present. I felt hope.

These days, my life is full of ups and downs. Some days I feel ok, with no gastric, backache or shortness of breath. But some days are gloomier. The gastric pain and backaches make me just want to do nothing but lie in bed or on the couch. Some days I feel good enough to take Aiden out for a walk or to the playground. Some days he just has to entertain himself with toys and tv while I lie down to rest.

I'm starting to learn to work with my body. I realised that I usually feel the best the hour after I have breakfast so that means that is the best time for me to engage in activities like laundry or household chores. By afternoon my body deteriorates so that means it is time to rest. I still don't have the appetitite but can at least consume some food as compared to a couple of weeks ago. But my gastric problem makes me feel terribly bloated after a meal (even when I eat very little) so I've learnt to eat my food really slowly. And I mean really, really slowly.

I'm feeling really thankful for the support I have been receiving after my world came crashing down (okay I'm joking but you know what I mean) since I found out that I'm pregnant. I've been talking to my mum everyday, sometimes crying to her because I was in pain. She not only listens, but tells me that she completely understands what i am going thru and that I can always cry to her. Some of my good old friends in Singapore have sent me words of encouragement over emails or facebook and I am more than thankful for the fact that they are thinking of me. A couple of friends that I have made here have also been wonderful, offering help with Aiden, taking him to school and picking him up when they can. Like the other morning when it rained, I had 3 friends who called just to ask if they could help pick Aiden up for school. And of course there is also my husband who may not necessarily understand what I am going thru but is nevertheless very supportive and helps out at home whenever he can.

My life is beautiful because of these people. And for that, I feel very blessed.
x

No comments: