Friday, February 4, 2011

My fashion savvy man

I think I've done very well in educating my husband. When we first met in Singapore, he was a laidback dude from Australia who was totally happy living in his Bonds t-shirt/singlets and shorts and completely clueless about high end fashion. He thought Bata shoes and Giordano clothes (I'm not anti these labels by the way) were cool. And he had no idea what the hell Gucci and Prada were. That was year 2002.

Fast forward to today, 9 years later. Zara menswear has become one of his favourite labels. He owns shirts from Gucci and Prada. His jeans are from Diesel and Guess.

Tonight, he made me laugh. He told me that these days, when he is on the train to and back from work, he notices that more Japanese women are using Longchamp bags (I mentioned to him before that Longchamp doesn't seem to be popular here). And occasionally he sees a woman carrying a chained shoulder bag that looks like a Chanel 2.55 from a distance but he can tell if it's a fake when he gets a closer look. I laughed because it was so funny that he said that. So I said it was great. It was then he said,

"Nooooo it is NOT good! NOT GOOD! What is happening to ME?!"
x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post was so hilarious! I just had to laugh! Coz I remember Richard in his Bonds tops etc.