Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pregnancy Update: At 10 weeks

This pregnancy has really screwed me up big time. My tastebuds have been screwed, my usual routine has been screwed, my moods have been screwed, and my overall physical health has been screwed.

I have only put makeup on once in the last couple of weeks and it was only because I had to attend a birthday party. This is really a first for me because everyone knows how vain I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those women who can't leave the house without makeup. I do go run errands or go to the local shops with a bare face occasionally. But I've always taken pride in dressing up. Looking groomed and nice have always been important for me (in fact, I believe it should be important to all women). But since feeling unwell with all the pregnancy issues, I really, really, have no mood and energy to engage in any grooming activities. I wouldn't know me if I see me now.

Another reason why I have been feeling so weak is probably because I haven't been eating alot. People who know me know that I always have a healthy appetite. But since the time I was 7 weeks pregnant, I lost my appetite. For a few days, I couldn't eat at all because of the gastro problem. Then I also had craving issues to deal with. I am still craving very badly for some singapore hawker food but can't really get any here easily. To make things worse, I have different cravings everday. One day I would feel like having spaghatti with tomato sauce. Another day I feel like having curry. Or Godiva chocolate drink. It is driving me nuts!

I had an almost perfect pregnancy with Aiden except for occasional shortness of breath and mild gastric in the first trimester. No cravings. Normal, healthy appetite. No backaches. Boundless energy. During that pregnancy, I paid so much attention in maintaining a healthy diet with balanced meals and avoiding all kinds of processed food. This time, I'm happy if I can stomach something. Have been having cup noodles alot. Feeling very guilty about it but it's the easiest, fuss-free meal I can prepare in my current state.

This pregnancy so far has given me a who new different experience I'm finding it really hard to adjust. I don't even have the energy for my usual favourite activities like shopping and cooking! This is also the reason for my lack of presence here. Writing has become even a chore to me.

If I have a choice, all I want to everyday is to curl up in bed. Rest and sleep. All day long.
x

No comments: