Monday, October 18, 2010

My busy busy life

Yay...I'm back again! It's nice to be home. Even my 3 year old said "I'm glad to be home mummy" the moment he stepped into the house on Saturday afternoon after almost 18 hours of travelling (flight, bus, taxi etc). For me, I'm happy that we won't be flying again for another 6 months at least.

Since arriving home, I have been busy with chores and working on my evergrowing To-Do list. Despite feeling exhausted from lack of sleep (I slept a little on the overnight flight but was definitely not enough), I had to unpack all our luggage and get all the stuff sorted out. Although I'm definitely no neat freak, there's something about unpacked suitcases lying around the house that disturbs me terribly. Everytime I come back from travelling, I just have to unpack the minute I get home. Immediately.

In the last 48 hours, I have managed to get the following done:
- 4 loads of washing
- grocery enough to feed our family of 3 for the next 3 days
- made 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- made a litre yoghurt (I make our own yoghurt with a yoghurt maker at home)
- sorted out Aiden's wardrobe for the change of season (his clothes were in a mess and scattered over several drawers)
- sorted out Aiden's old clothes (the ones I want to keep go into a box and the rest in a bag ready to be dumped)
- confirmed a new cleaning lady and organize for her to start her weekly services tomorrow (yay!)
- plan out the schedule for the cleaning lady for the rest of the year
- register for my japanese course to commence on 16 November (yay, I'm finally gonna pick up the language!)
- plan the itinerary for our friends' visit in December and ourtrip to Hiroshima and Osaka together
- plan the itinerary for Richard's grandfather who will be arriving next Saturday
- make changes to my friend's itinerary (she will be arriving 30 Nov) to accomodate my japanese class schedule and my weeekly domestic help
- caught up with a good friend over emails

Am I efficient or what? So much accomplished in the last 48 hours. I'm damn proud of myself... hee. Oh, and I even found time to update this blog. But now I've got to go put my 4 loads of washing that have been dried away. I will find time to update this blog again if I am not buried alive under that humongous pile of clothes...


-

2 comments:

Em's Treasures said...

As always, so efficient, amazing energy you have..hahahaha..
It's always good to be home. Welcome home and love to read your blog. I will not be going anywhere this year. Sam has no confirm dates on his leave. Damn xian liao..sigh ... Anyway, i shall continue to look forward to my next trip. =)

Cindy said...

so how about you start planning for a trip to visit your good pal in Japan??