Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What's for dinner?












I used to prepare a dinner like this once a week. It is usually organic brown rice, assorted vegetables steamed and served in a chinese bamboo steamer, miso soup and a steamed/panfried/grilled fish or chicken. But my usual weekly dinner routine has been disturbed by our recent travels so it has been a while since I prepared this healthy dinner.

The other day I found several types of vegetables lying around in the fridge so I decided to make this meal to use them up. Before living in Japan, I used to just buy instant miso soup packets that are sold in the supermarkets but now that I know how to cook miso soup from scratch, I no longer rely on those instant satchets that are packed with msg. Home cooked miso soup really do taste sooo much better. And healthier too. I also had some frozen scallops in the freezer and decided to throw them into the soup together with some diced zucchini and shredded chinese cabbage. The scallops and cabbage were a magical addition and made the soup a lot sweeter than usual. My 3 year old loved the soup so much!
x
x

No comments: