Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Grandfather's Love

As mentioned in an earlier entry, my parents were here in Japan for a vacation recently. My dad cannot speak english at all but he really wanted to be able to teach my son something, like how a grandfather can impress a child with a trick he does not know. So before coming over, he got some kids (my dad drives a school bus for a living) to teach him a nursery rhyme. I was both surprised and impressed when he started singing "Ten Little Indians" to my boy who couldn't stop smiling at the song. Aiden knows many songs but fortunately this isn't one of them. It would have taken my dad quite a while to learn such a song but it is all worth it when Aiden and him sing it together. This is love.

2 comments:

Kieu said...

That is soooo beautiful!

Rynn said...

Sweet!