Thursday, June 3, 2010

Somewhere In Time

I love a good old movie. Breakfast at Tiffany's, Gone with the Wind and Somewhere in Time are a few of my favourites. The funny thing is, I actually don't enjoy most of the current romance movies and rarely have the patience to watch one over 180 minutes. But there is something nostalgic about old movies that I really like. Perhaps I'm quite an old fashioned at heart.

I can't remember when I first watched Somewhere in Time. I read the original novel Bid Time Return that was written by Richard Matheson in 1975. Five years later, the film Somewhere in Time (adapted from the book) was released. Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour were the lead actor and actress. In a nutshell, the story was about Reeve who was attracted to Seymour when he saw a photo of her at the Grand Hotel and travelled back in time to 1912 to search for her. They fell in love of course. A little corny but I highly recommend everyone to go watch the movie. And how can anyone not like the theme song written by John Barry?

No comments: