Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What's for dinner?



Various type of vegetables (steamed and served in the chinese bamboo steamer), steamed fish (chinese style), miso soup (home cooked) and brown rice.

We usually have this once a week for dinner. I will use whatever vegetables that are in season, and the fish (white fish or salmon) will either be steamed or grilled. Miso soup is very easy to prepare and I like to cook it in various types of combination - sliced okra with tofu, dried beancurd with spring onion, tofu with wakame (a kind of seaweed), or just with mini clams. The list can go on as there are so many things you can add into the miso soup.

I like to serve this dinner in individual portions on a bamboo tray (I'm such a sucker for packaging). The serving in this picture is for one. Just look at how pleased my husband was with his dinner!

No comments: