Friday, September 17, 2010

Life on a choo-choo train

I sat infront of my pc this morning, trying to find the motivation to write. I have been busy with setting up this new place and this week has been taken up by invitations to sayonara (farewell in japanese) parties and a birthday celebration. It doesn't help that we are travelling again in 2 weeks time (back to Australia) which means I have so much on my "To Do" list that constantly occupy my mind. I also blame my lack of blog updates on the location of our work desk in this new place. Must be the fengshui no good.

I was looking at my calendar yesterday and it suddenly dawned on me that there are only 3.5 months left in this year. Where did the past 9.5 months go? I remember being young and always wanting to grow up fast. Now in my mid thirties, life seems to be going at a scarily fast pace. The next couple of months are going to be eaten up by many activities again - 2 weeks in Oz, Halloween party in end october, Granddad's visit in november, a pal's visit in early december, Aiden's year end school function, our best friends visiting from Oz etc. And very soon it will be 2011... And I will be 35. OH.MY.GOD.

On a positive note, I really do enjoy having so much to look forward to in my life. And I'm not hard to please at all. Thinking about events like my brother-in-law's wedding (because weddings are beautiful) and seeing my 3 year old dress up for Halloween makes me smile. And I am again reminded to live life with passion. And hope.

Here's a piece of raw chocolate tart that I made sometime back. Have a very sweet weekend!

No comments: