Friday, July 16, 2010

Beauty lies in the eyes of my son

Last weekend, my husband decided that we should go on a day trip to Chiba located in the greater Tokyo area. The place that we were visiting was famous for its stoned Buddha (reputed to be the largest in Japan) and a 100 feet tall Goddess of Mercy. The whole area was very hilly and involved a lot of walking and climbing of steps. My husband warned me about this and told me to wear my trek shoes for the day. We were rushing to leave so I quickly put on an airy blouse (summer now in Japan and freaking hot) and a pair of jeans.

We were in the elevator when it dawned on me that my trek shoes did not match my outfit for the day. In fact, I would even say I looked like a fashion disaster (which explains why there are no photos for this post). I started grumbling to my husband about how horrible I looked when I felt my boy's hand touching mine. He was looking up at me and in a very soft and sweet voice, he said:

"Mummy, you look pretty."

Awwww.... how sweet is that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetest little people,children, aren't they? :)

Cindy said...

Yes, they are!

Kieu said...

Ohhh they are the best aren't they? sooooo sweet, good boy Aiden xx