Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A day in my life

5 July 2010 (Monday)

7.45am
Woke up. Prepared Aiden’s lunchbox for school.

8.45am
Dropped Aiden off at school.

9.00am
Grocery shopping.

10.00am – 11.00am
Back home. General cleaning of the house, laundry, and preparations for the dinner (I was planning an Indian meal with tandoori chicken for the night. The chicken had to be marinated for at least 6 hours and not longer than 8 hours so my timing had to be right). Cleaned up the kitchen.

11.00am – 11.30am
Shower, make-up and got dressed to go shopping (I needed to shop for some presents and to make a trip to Longchamp as they were having a sale).

12.00am – 1.30pm
Shopping (since I had only 1.5hr to shop, I decided to skip lunch as shopping was definitely more important).

2pm
Pick Aiden up from school.

2.15pm

Back home. Aiden had his afterschool snacks and watched the TV. I sat infront of the computer to surf the web (check emails, update my blog, read international news, read up on some of my favourite blogs etc). Chatted with a friend from Singapore over skype.

3.15pm – 5pm
Sat down with Aiden to do some activities. Made a scrapbook together. Printed out some superman characters from the computer to do some colouring. Did some cutting and pasting together.

5pm – 6.30pm
Prepare for dinner. Running between the living room (helping Aiden with his activities) and kitchen (cooking). Dealt with some occasional tantrums from Aiden.

7pm
Husband is home. Sat down for dinner.

7.30pm – 8pm
Cleaning up (washed dishes and mopped the floor).

8pm – 9pm
Surf the web while my husband spent time with Aiden.

9pm – 10pm
Prepare for my husband’s lunch box and fruit bowls for the next day. Washed dishes AGAIN.

10pm
The 2 boys went to bed. I could finally relax.

10pm – 12am
Surf the web AGAIN (yes, i do spend alot of time online) with the TV in the background.

12am
I started seeing stars. Crash!

No comments: